Thursday 4 November 2010

Quilting Crazy...

I turn into hibernation mode this time of year as the days become shorter and colder. And instead of just staring at the telly (well, maybe a bit, especially with Kirsty's Homemade Home on for inspiration) I've been making a quilt for my little Milly May.

Having read a few Quilting books, and having no idea of what they were talking about, I enrolled in a short three week course at Sally Bourne Interiors in Crouch End, and with the guidance of the lovely Sarah Harper, I finished my first every bit of patch work. Ok, so it's small, and not so perfect, but I'm as proud as punch!

So much so that before the course had even finished I had started on what I really wanted to do, a quilt for Milly May. So off I popped to Liberty for one of they gorgeous Jelly Rolls and got sewing, It's a simple design - here's the almost finished product...


So I think I may have the quilting bug, I'm already planning a quilt for our bed, but for not, perhaps King size is a little too ambitious...

And for a bit of inspiration and eye candy, I have fallen in love with a few quilts in this beautiful book by Jane Brocket...

2 comments:

Sarah Harper said...

I am so glad to her you have caught the bug, sadly it is contagious and there is no cure. You can appease the symptoms with a big fabric stash and long evenings stitching away. The quilt is gorgeous, I love seeing my students get really passionate about something so dear to my heart.

We are starting a weekly quilting group at the shop on the Thursday night knit and stitch group, hopefully I will see you there one week.
Sarah

Creating Roost Living said...

Thanks Sarah! I've definitely caught the bug...I've even started my next quilt, albeit another cot quilt - can't quite get my head around anything bigger.
You'll definitely see me one Thursday night, but perhaps not for the next little while. Christmas is proving a little bit manic!