Wednesday 19 January 2011

Inspiration - A picture of Blue...

Decorating my home, slowed down a bit after the arrival of Milly, but now is the time to finally finish the house...it's only been 6 years since the extension!

My first project is the hall which, up until now, has been painted very boring Dulux Timeless...but (definitely influenced by watching too many episodes of Mad Men over Christmas) I have finally chosen a colour, and am now working on a mood board for the look and feel.

What I'm trying to achieve is a gentle, elegant look with gilt edges, and welcoming spaces on the landings. I have a number of mirrors, unused and wrapped up in the loft, some new, some heirloom, passed down from my partner's grandmother, so personal touches here and there. The backdrop colour I have chosen is a Fired Earth Paint colour Larder Blue (pictured below). Like most of the colours in my house, it is a gentle, subtle muted tone.


A touch of the old here and there, such as our own Vintage Pendants, mixed in with new pieces, will make these otherwise untouched spaces, my own...


And for a bit of inspiration, as usual, I'm looking to LivingEtc, and other magazines...And I do love the look and feel of Jo Berryman's home in the February issue of Living etc...

No comments: